BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Barcelona

13 July 2008


I arrive in Girona, Spain just because. Something about my friend and a boy and partying and me, who just went along for the ride. You know when things happen for a reason, well this is one of the best examples from my life.
After a long night at the airport and a somewhat shorter bus ride to the city, I arrive and marvel. Shanty towns flow down the mountain, giving the image of a tropical forest filled in with messy wooden structures. It flowed into the city, no border, just a continuous growth from the poor to the wealthy. Ground floor shacks to multi-story apartments.
I walk through the streets, where the pavements are covered with pentagon designed tiles and the finest designer shops intertwine with intricately carved buildings.
Barcelona is rich in architecture, beauty, nature and people, wonderfully attractive people. The urban scene is bustling with skaters, graf artists and fashion from another planet. My home, my niche, my heart, it is all there.
The only problem is that I ain't too god at the whole learning language thing, so my Spanish yet to be desired, even by a level one learner.
But this is my love. My passion, my recommendation.
So go, see and experience.
Ciao ciao,
xxx

0 comments: