BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dope time or Doped out?


Please note that the material contained in this article is strictly confidential and is not to be revealed to anyone! (As the future president of the Republic of South Africa, my title depends on it).


A herby flavour that supposedly lifts you to the havens. An all rounded taste that sends shock waves through your body and makes you feel invisible. Weed, Cannabis or Marijuana is a narcotic that I had never imagined would touch my virgin lips. Blame it on peer pressure or blame it on the alcohol, but for my self-guarded experience, I tried weed. This was by far the most unforgettable experience of my young life.
I live at the Grand Res, most students there practically live on the narcotic. Its readily available and we have our own resident "dealer". I walked to Gk's room and told him the plan, being the generous creature that he is, he told me it was fine. He told me to meet him at the braai area, being a public are this startled me a bit. The show must go on and one need to ship in or ship out and there was no turning back now. I could choose to chicken out and not go through with it, but I wanted to do this and nothing was going to stop me.
We set in a circle, six of us awaiting to puff the same joint. He took out of his pocket a small plastic bag with the "herb". Now it was on and I could feel myself sweating and clinching my fists. I was scared, hack I was terrified. This was the same feeling you get when you attempt to shoplift for the first time. It's almost as though your in the brink of an anxiety attack and you just want to get caught. He rolled it, licked it and lit it. At last it was time, I was told to take a long drag and hold it in for as long as humanly possible.
Being the good sport that I am, I complied. I dragged that thing so hard I could feel my braid about to burst. I could feel my father's bones shacking in his grave. As the disciplinarian of the family I could almost see him walking to me and weeping. The image of my father looking at me with disappointment haunted me for the rest of the night.
One may argue that at that moment I was as high as a skunk, but I doubt that very much. I didn't feel any different, I was still the same Siyasanga , just with a lot of smoke in my lungs. I must admit the adrenaline rush that is brought forth by knowing that you are committing an illegal act hits you harder than the actual drug. A sudden rush of blood to places that you didn't know even existed makes this a very interesting narcotic.
By all means this is not a review of the drug Cannabis sativa, nor do I wish to condone the use of the drug. I enjoyed my doped out experience, so much so that I got high again. In fact, I think I'm high now.










0 comments: