BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

My BloG...My sp0t...a wARmesT weLc0Me t0 yUo (the type of blogger I am)!


My name is Chwayita Njobe, a journalism & media student at Rhodes University. I am an energetic, fun-loving being and I’m excited about this whole blogging thing, it’s all quite new to me to be perfectly honest.
As a fellow blogger, myself and three other journalism students are putting our creative ideas, opinions, and personal interests together and are going to implement all of these ideas together on our blog.
But, my personal mission for this blog is to make you think. Whether that is thinking and speaking about power struggles in the politics of the world or simply about the daily topics that we, as students, discuss and argue about in and around campus, the options are truly endless. I am here to add humour, and to give an out- of- the- box perspective on everyday issues. I will also add my own creativity, such as my thoughts of the day, or even a poem or two that can be criticized or complimented by the viewer at hand.
As young people living in an environment filled with politics, poverty, wars and utter chaos, we all deserve a break every once in a while, and this blog is aimed at doing just that. My personal input will tweak your thoughts, hopefully not aggravate them too much, and is a spot on the blog that will help you escape the madness of endless assignments, hectic daily schedules and the meeting (or missing) of deadlines. We all just need to breathe, stretch and shake off the demanding nature of varsity life every now and then, and that is what I aim to help you do on this blog.
But, don’t get it twisted! I am aware of the fact that as a journalism student, I should push for heated topics, get everyone talking and debating their views on current topics. But, I do believe that we also need a break, and we all need to stretch our minds creatively. And, that’s where my (and your) random thoughts, poems and encouraging words for the weeks to come will be implemented into this blog.
Life’s filled with ups and downs, and words of encouragement are always appreciated…you can look at my positions in this dynamic team, as the yoga instructor of your minds, hehe!
As young people, we need to express ourselves as best we can, we hold more power, in our words and minds, and we aren’t always given the platform to express these suppressed views. That’s why this space will allow you to relax and reference your own thoughts, your own way, and through this blog…the floor is open!

1 comments:

Zoey said...

Nice!!! Go C-way