BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

What kind of blogger am I?

By Siyasanga Sijadu
What Kind of blogger am I ?

Personally I believe one cannot say that they are a specific kind of blogger. My theory is that as a journalist you do not define the work you produce, it defines you. I believe that one cannot be put into a category, for this defeats the purpose of journalism. In a more simplistic view, I am spontanious. Hence I cannot fool neither myself nor my reader into believing that I will have a central focus when writting my blogs.

As a contributor to this particular blog, I will come across as the black sheep of the family. My ideology and the way I relate to certain aspects of life differ from those of my group mates. I come from an area that is primarily made up of black individuals. I enjoy "black music" and "black television".Any form of interaction between me and people of other races has been minimal. My group mates have a more naive sense of view, children of a Democratic South Africa. They have felt the full effects of living in a Democratic society.

The only means of highlighting views of the black "previously disadvantaged" is for them to be written down. That is where a blogger like me can have a say, that is where journalism is significant. At first glance I may appear as a politically driven blogger, this is true to a certain extent. I just want to be the voice of reason. I want to be that individual who sheds light to the secrets that would otherwise be hidden under the table.

In essence, I think I am tired of the statistics and the surveys we conduct, without going to the root cause of the problem. I want the black kid with "black education" to be seen as something other than a charity case. A chance for them to express their views and not feel that they are inferior or less important in post Apartheid South Africa. That is my sole purpose, and I would love it to come across in my blogs and in my future writings.
I think that is as short of a summary as I can give of the kind of blogger I am.

0 comments: