BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

***-....The truth ....-***


I found this quote in a book I have kept since about grade 9.


I am not sure who it is by or where I got it, probably one day while watching TV, or even my owm little spark of imagination.


"It's not enough to be a witness, I have to write it down."


Haha, how I love finding something that is relvent to the future. It is like when I used to read the Blunt magazines (used to as they aren't printed anymore AND not even the webite is up anymore :( BLEAK) I never really knew what was going on, even though I retained all the information. I found myself deeply submerged in this world that was so beyond me. I used it to praise the writers, editors and photographers. Their world was better than a celebraty's.


These people were MY idols. And the best was, they were in my age group, average Joes (And the rare Jills) just writing what they witnessed. That impulse, or talent, showed my the world of skating, surfing and most importantly, music.


The amazing music scene in South Africa. Ok, not THE BEST, but some extraordinary talent. WE have our own fights, expressions and influences and they need to be explored and exhibited. From electro to rock, drum and base, metal and kwaito, SA is amazingzing and my first love.


And that's the journ I want to explore. I want to tell poeple what I have witnessed and the beauty of it all.


Because some say it's an addiction, others a love affair. But for some, it's a way of life.

0 comments: